Dev Uthni Ekadashi Importance, What is prabodhini ekadashi or dev uthni gyaras, What to do for success on this auspicious day.
|dev uthni gyaras|
A day which is having a very religious importance is the day of kartik shukla paksh Gyaras which is also known as probothini ekadashi/ Dev uthni gyaras/ dev uthni ekadashi.
In India specially Hindus celebrate this day with great joy and devotion.
It is believed that lord vishnu go for sleep on Ashad shukla paksh Ekadashi and then wake up on kartik shukla paksh ekadashi after taking 4 months of sleep. For this 4 month marriages are also banned as per Hindu belief. After waking up of lord vishnu all the auspicious activities, marriages starts.
There is a also tradition to perform tulsi vivah on this day with lord vishnu which is sign of starting of marriages. Different types of works are performed on this auspicious day of prabodhini Ekadashi(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prabodhini_Ekadashi) in different places.
Simple Ways To Perform Pooja On Dev Uthni Gyaras:
1. It is good to wake up early in the morning and get fresh.
2. If any one is residing near any holy river then take holy bath.
3. Keep fast for whole day if possible and do the worship of vishnuji and tulsi devi.
4. Do the marriage of lord vishnu with Tulsi plant on this day.
5. Also do recite vishnu sahastranaam, Mantra of vasudeva (Om namo bhagwate vasudevay).
6. One can also recite Tulsi Strotram.
People also celebrate prabodhini ekadashi like as deepawali and some called it "Choti diwali day". So some people perform the pooja like as diwali on this day too.
1. People clean house, shop, business place and make rangoli to welcome god and goddess.
2. Devotees offer 11 deepak of ghee in the name of goddess vishnu and goddess laxmi.
3. Devotees also offer different food with fresh seasonal fruits, cloths etc.
4. Proper arti is done and bhajan, chanting spells whole the day and night is done by people.
It is also good to visit any vishnu temple on this day and take the blessings of brahmin and elders. Do help the needy people and take there good wishes, Do donate on the marriage of any poor girl on this day.
Om Namo Bhagwate vasudevay || Om Tulasye Namah
Have a Happy Dev Uthni Gyaras/Prabodhini Ekadashi
Read More Articles:
Dev Uthni Ekadashi Importance, What is prabodhini ekadashi or dev uthni gyaras, What to do for sucess on this auspicious day.